EAP – Employee Assistance Programme
An Employee Assistance programme provides assistance to employees within a company or organization to support them to cope with personal and professional difficulties that may adversely affect their performance at work as well as their health and well-being. The EAP’s generally include short-term counseling and various services to employees and their families.
The EAP is an employee support service which is confidential and free of charge to employees and family members, open 365 days a year, 24/7.
Service may be provided over the phone, in person or internet.
Through our helpline every employee can access counseling services and telephone information that provides easy and prompt access to legal, psychological and financial advisory services to themselves and/or their direct household members. Some examples:
- psychological counseling sessions
- psychological counseling sessions for children and youth
- monitoring the return to work after long absences
- reviews of stress and support of stress management
- other themes
- consume laws
- divorces / separations
- debt restructuring
- Issues with the education of children and their school performance
- Difficulties in the couple’s relationship
- Difficulty in management disease
- Existential crises, depressive or anxious states
- Dependencies within the family group or close friends
- Healthy lifestyles
- Planning of leisure activities for children
- Support the management of elderly relatives
- Managing difficult customers
- Managing difficult employees
- Excessive or lack of occupation
- Manage changes
- Manage stress
- Communication Difficulties
- Work-life management
Managers are often in very difficult situations in their day-to-day work, placed among the members of their team and between senior management. Managing the various requirements and needs in the workplace lead many managers to exhaustion and risky situations. CAPA-Empresas offers a confidential support to managers in helping them in effectively dealing and managing multiple challenges and tasks, among others:
- Support in performance evaluations
- Support of employee contract termination
- Support in resolving conflicts in the workplace
- Giving bad news
- Support employees in building a constructive balance between work and private life
- Support in the management of employees with behavior problems
- Support in the management of employees with substance abuse problems
- Support employees in mourning
- Support for employees in finding efficient strategies for self-care
The pillar of EAP is confidentiality! Any service, Face to face, via telephone or online is completely confidential.
A Capaconselhamento,Lda encontra-se registada na Comissão Nacional de Proteção de Dados sob o numero 229/2015 e cumpre todas as normas legais estipuladas.
Unfortunately critical incidents happen daily. Trauma resulting from accidents, unexpected deaths, natural disasters, assaults and other events, have a direct impact on employees, teams and businesses, causing disruption and affecting the normal functioning of the organization. People affected by these fortuitous events need support not only in the immediate aftermath but also in the medium and long term to readjust and realign the new post-traumatic realities.
CAPA-Empresas offers a specialized support for these situations, with internationally trained professionals.
Some of the known advantages of having an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) in the workplace are:
- Reduced absenteeism
- Increased productivity
- Improvement of the working environment and working climate
- Reduction of psychosocial risks
- Reduction of stress and burnout
- Increased overall satisfaction with the employer
- Tax advantages for the company
- Other advantages